memmo is a platform that offers personal video messages from athletes, actors, musicians, YouTubers, and other talents to their fans and followers. The videos are recorded, sent, and received on the platform. memmo enables modern fan experiences, and makes them more personal than ever before.
memmo is currently looking for a UI Designer to join the growing, distributed product team. At memmo you will be joining a remote team building a global marketplace platform that changes how celebrities connect with their fans.
For this role you should be curious about how to build beautiful and intuitive user interfaces for a two-sided marketplace in a team together with other designers and developers. We are in an exciting phase where our platform must evolve quickly in order to ensure continued scalability and growth of the product across new markets while adding new product features. You will be part of iterating on and designing interfaces that will stand the test of scaling and that can tackle our future challenges.
Working with UI Design at memmo you are responsible to:
- Be in command of standard design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Figma (today we use Figma and Adobe CC) to deliver awesome-looking and feeling user interfaces..
- Have knowledge of digital best practices and stay up to day to this ever changing landscape.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Explain and discuss design decisions, and give design feedback.
- Influence which tools and technologies are being used to deliver stellar UI experiences.
- Work together with our CTO, PM, developer colleagues, and designers
- Have fun :)
To enjoy this role we think you have:
- A strong digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and web work that demonstrate conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for consumer experiences.
- Innovative thinking and curiosity – questioning paradigms.
- A hands-on get-stuff-done mentality.
- The ability to manage and prioritize work effectively.
- The ability to self-identify career goals.
- The ability to really understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- An interest in being adventurous and bringing a vision to your work.
- An approach to teamwork that nurtures collaboration and stays transparent.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle and speed of a startup in hyper-growth mode.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and others across the company.
- Helping to evolve our design and UI practices and being a big part in setting the direction of memmo’s graphic identity.
- An opportunity to grow yourself and your skillset faster than anywhere else (we would know :D )
- Working together with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and actually quite nice people.
- Building & establishing a brand new service on the market.
We’d be extra thrilled if you:
- Have experience working with software development.
- Building design systems or component libraries.
- Have experience evangelizing design systems and design adherence in the organisation.
- Have experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software.
- Have what is called a Pi-shaped skill set (two areas of expertise - read more here: https://appunite.com/blog/become-a-pi-shaped-developer
- Eg. Mobile development and UI Design.
- Can be anything relevant! We like the mix and various perspectives!
- Have a good understanding of business objectives and can use this to inform design decisions.
We’re looking forward to talking to you shortly and learning more about your journey to this point and where to next!
To be considered for this position you need to attach a portfolio or a link to one. Thanks!