memmo is a platform that offers personal video messages from athletes, actors, musicians, YouTubers and other profiles to their fans and followers. The videos are recorded, sent and received on the platform. memmo enables modern fan experiences, and make them more personal than ever before.
memmo is currently looking for a General Manager Italy to join the growing memmo team.
The General Manager will be employee #1 in their market responsible for launching & leading memmo’s ongoing business performance in the country. This includes the creation of a country-specific strategy, acquiring some of the first talent on the platform as well as execution of memmo’s go-to-market plans.
The GM will also be responsible for building a team of A Players in the country, working with the local talent and marketing activities. Also, the GM will be responsible for business analysis, performance measurement and reporting to the VP Markets. The GM will work closely with team members of memmo from across the globe.
As General Manager at memmo you will:
- Set-up and implement a country specific launch strategy
- Lead the acquisition of new talent onto the memmo platform
- Be responsible for achieving brand and business targets in the market
- Manage all budgets of internal and external costs for the market
- Localize memmo’s global brand & tonality for the market
- Be the strategic voice of the memmo brand in the market
- Be responsible for all brand & business KPIs in the market
We’re looking for:
- A true team player, with a proven track-record in sales leadership and/or working in a general management role in a digital company.
- 5+ years of experience in sales roles ideally with some experience of building, training & leading a sales team
- Creative thinking combined with a data-driven mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to form and maintain enduring relationships both internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently as well as collaborating in an international / remote team environment.
- Innovative thinking and curiosity – question current paradigms
- A hands-on get-stuff-done mentality
- Good understanding of and connection with athletes and/or the markets entertainment industry
- You who thrive in a hyper-growth environment, with a high comfort level with ambiguity and adapting to change.
- University degree, ideally in Business, Economics, Marketing or General Management.
- Fluent in English.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The chance to work remotely, wherever you are in the world
- A competitive salary plus stock options
- Allowance for your home-working space or contribution towards a co-working space
- The hustle and speed of a startup in hyper-growth mode
- An opportunity to grow yourself and your skillset faster than anywhere else
- Working together with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and actually quite nice people
- Establishing and growing a brand new service on the market