People Operations Lead
HQ Fully Remote
memmo is a platform that offers personal video messages from athletes, actors, musicians, YouTubers and other celebrities to their fans and followers. The videos are recorded, sent and received on the platform. memmo enables modern fan experiences, and makes them more personal than ever before.
memmo is currently looking for a world-class People Operations Lead to join the growing memmo team. As the People Operations Lead you'll be working on building foundational, sustainable people products and processes that’ll make sure we grow quickly, safely and sustainably. Most importantly, you’ll make sure People Ops at memmo is automated and self-service wherever possible, so your team can spend its time on the most impactful People work.
As the People Operations Lead at memmo you'll:
- Build out the People Ops team, hiring and developing your team from scratch
- Own all our People systems, making sure they work together in the most efficient way
- Manage memmo’s People analytics, building out our data insights and reporting capabilities
- Design, improve, and own fundamental People processes throughout the People lifecycle
- Work closely with the VP People, helping to define the company People strategy
- Optionally own an additional area of responsibility, such as Employee Experience & Engagement, or Learning & Development.
You should apply if:
- You have experience of leading and managing a team with an operational focus, ideally in People Operations or a related area
- You love solving problems at the root, creating repeatable processes whenever possible
- You can break down a complex problem into a series of steps that others can easily understand
- You’re an excellent manager who knows how to develop and motivate an operational team
- You take an entrepreneurial approach and have the ability to work independently or collaboratively
- You have a hands-on get-stuff-done mentality
- You have a high comfort level with ambiguity and adaptability to change.
It'd be a bonus, but not essential, if you’ve worked in a People Operations role in a high growth technology startup. We’re looking for potential as much as direct experience, but if you haven’t done this type of role before then please tell us why your experience applies to this role!
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The chance to work remotely, wherever you are in the world
- A competitive salary plus stock options
- Access to equipment you need, like a Macbook and iPhone
- Budget for setting up your home office, or a contribution towards renting office space each month
- 25 days paid holiday, plus public holidays
- The hustle and speed of a start-up in hyper-growth mode
- An opportunity to grow yourself and your skillset faster than anywhere else
- Working together with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and actually quite nice people
- Establishing and growing a brand new service on the market.
We care about building a diverse and inclusive place to work and so we especially welcome applications from demographics of people that are underrepresented in the tech and entertainment industries. We hire as much for potential as experience, so if you only meet some of the criteria here please still apply and tell us why you think you'd be great at the job. We'd love to hear from you!